A spray texture is a popular cool deck resurfacing option that is versatile and easy to install. Despite the simplicity though, it requires great skill and the right equipment to properly install it and make it durable enough to last for many years. Aside from being popular for its slip-resistant texture, a cool deck overlay or coating is also known for how it stays cool despite exposure to direct sunlight for hours.
How are Cool Deck Coatings Installed?
- Step 1: The existing pool deck is cleaned and washed as part of the preparation. If there is a need to repair the surface, appropriate cool deck repairs are done.
- Step 2: The spray knockdown texture coating is mixed and loaded into a hopper gun. Once loaded, the contractor first does a test spray on a different surface to ensure that the gun is working fine and the coating has the appropriate consistency.
- Step 3: The coating is sprayed on the entire pool deck, making sure that coverage is consistent and thorough. Make sure that nearby areas that will not be resurfaced are covered and protected with cloth or newspaper.
- Step 4: The sprayed material is then trowelled to knock it down, creating a textured surface that is similar to stucco but less intense.
- Step 5: The great thing about a cool deck is that it can be customized to the customer’s preferences. The coating can be stained, scored, or engraved. It is highly recommended to have it sealed with a clear sealer. This keeps the surface protected and makes it easier to clean and maintain. The sealer often lasts a couple of years, depending on usage, and may require a cool deck resealing every few years.
Work with the expert in cool deck resurfacing. Call (714) 563-4141 to learn more about it!
Concrete Coating Specialists, Inc. is known for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. Our track record consists mostly of impressive concrete spaces that combine form and function. Our team provides experienced and creative concrete resurfacing services for both residential and commercial locations in the area. We also resurface and refinish patios, driveways, interior floors, commercial flooring, and more.
We know how difficult it is to find a concrete contractor that is honest, reliable, and efficient in communicating with the customer. To ensure a smooth, stress-free project, call or email us today. We’ll provide you with a free consultation and quote.