Professional Epoxy Flooring Installation
There is no doubt that concrete is a very durable material. It can stay put despite being constantly exposed to damaging elements. However, it is common for garage floor coating in Orange County to acquire cracks, stains, and even holes. So, what to do? If people decades back were here, they would recommend pulling out the old slab and replacing it with a new concrete mix. Not only was this method expensive, it took a longer time to complete, too. The best option nowadays is to coat the old garage floor with an epoxy coating. Durability is restored, aesthetics improved, without compromising costs using epoxy floors.
Epoxy Coating Installation
Epoxy is a mixture of resin and hardener that cures to a very durable material, perfect for garage floor. Epoxy floor is fairly easy to install but it must be done by a professional contractor to ensure safety and longevity. Here is a rough look at how the coating is installed on garage floors:
- First, the installer would evaluate the garage flooring, checking if it is still structurally capable of being restored. If it is a new garage surface, it needs to have cured for over 28 days before it can be resurfaced.
- If an existing finish is present, it is removed first. If cracks and holes are present, these should be repaired first before the coating is applied.
- Once fixed and sturdy, the garage surface is made raw through etching. This helps guarantee the adhesion of epoxy on the surface. It is then rinsed and dried thoroughly.
- The floor coating is then prepared, making sure that it is well-mixed. The base coating is spread on the surface with a roller brush for an even finish.
- If desired, paint chips are broadcasted on the base coat. Once dry, excess paint chips are swept off from the surface. A second coating is then applied to seal the paint chips in.
Need a professional epoxy flooring installer? Call (714) 563-4141 today to get started.
Why dream of a highly effective garage floor when it can become a reality? We at Concrete Coating Specialists, Inc. have been in the decorative business for over 20 years, specializing in resurfacing and refinishing surfaces in the Orange County, CA area. Our team of experts is highly trained and well-versed with all types of decorative concrete floors solutions, be it for indoor or outdoor surfaces. Call or email us today for a FREE consultation and quote. We service Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Niguel, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and other surrounding areas.