When it comes to concrete patios, Decorative Concrete Surfaces offer only the best solutions for restoring and updating the look, function, and lifespan of this outdoor living space. We specialize in staining, stamped overlay installation, and spray down concrete system solutions, as well as stamped concrete refinishing, for residential and commercial properties.
Patios can be recreated to enhance the look of any residential or commercial surfaces in Orange County, California. However, most enhancements come with features that need to be maintained thoroughly. This can provide a higher cost and no owner would want that. Fortunately, there are a lot of ideas that do not involve an exorbitant amount of money or maintenance requirements. There is a variety of patio resurfacing and repair services that residential and commercial property owners in Orange County can choose from.
Concrete Repair & Resurfacing Patio Options: Stamp, Staining, Knockdown Texture
A patio is a common part of a home. Driving along neighborhoods or simply browsing through magazines, one would usually see admirable pictures that feature expensive and well-maintained patios. That same look can be acquired with more economical and low maintenance options for existing concrete, such as:
- Concrete Staining – Staining not only enhances the look of the outdoor living space, it also helps the outdoor connect with the architectural style of the entire home. You can choose between an acid stain or a water-based stain.
- Knockdown Texture – For a more textured surface that looks just as appealing, this spray-on acrylic system is a great choice. A contractor simply sprays the mixture on the existing surface and then trowel it down to level it and creates a beautiful texture.
- Stamped Overlay – A stamped concrete patio using concrete overlays is one of the most popular options because it can be designed, using decorative molds or stamps, to look like almost any type of paving material. It can mimic natural stone, brick, pavers, cobble stone, and more.
These patio resurfacing overlays or coatings are durable enough to withstand weather changes and foot traffic, easy to clean and maintain, and very pleasing to the eye. Plus, it also turns your existing concrete into slip resistant surfaces without breaking the bank
Concrete Patio Orange County | Maintenace
Beautiful patios are one of the attractions of a home. It’s where family and friends gather to mingle and enjoy a cup of tea. Help it last and witness more memories by following these tips.
- Clean Regularly. Soap and water are your best friends now with concrete. This is for removing stubborn dirt or grime building up. On a regular basis, a broom or dust mop would do to avoid the dust and other particles from rubbing against the concrete and scratching the top coat.
- Get a sealer. Our concrete patio Orange County services already include a sealer but in the case that yours gets damaged or wears out, feel free to contact us through call or email to get a new layer applied.
- Lay SomeRugs down. Cloths and rugs to a great job in preventing scratches and damage on the surface of your patios. Get creative and match your furniture, garden, or even the patio’s color itself. This also adds to the aesthetic of the area making it more personalized and homey.
- Avoid harmful chemicals. Avoid strong chemicals such as vinegar, deicing substances, and other acids that corrode the concrete. Switch to a ph-neutral to ph-base cleaner to stay on the safe side and use it sparingly only if needed.
- Install an overhead cover. Not only does it raise the beauty of your patio area but it actually helps your concrete breathe since direct sunlight heats the surface. Plus, you won’t need to worry about staying under the sun for too long and developing skin problems from the UV rays.
- Watch out for plant root systems. We agree plant life is unparalleled and beautiful to have on any property but those with big root systems such as trees may grow its way underneath and push your concrete patio up, causing it to crack. Consult with your trusted contractors on what to do and ways to manage this.
Contact Us Today!
Get a Fast FREE Quote
Frequetly Asked Questions
A stamped concrete patio can be done two ways: either you get a new concrete pour and stamp it or get overlays over your existing concrete and stamp it. For new pours, it can rake up to $28 per square foot. Meanwhile, coatings and overlays only cost $6 to $8 per square foot. No need for a new pour!
For an estimate of a 20×20 stamped concrete patio, expect to pay around $2400 to $3200 for a basic design.
How about a 12×12 stamped concrete patio? That will range from
Stamped concrete is more expensive since it involves pouring new concrete and it can go from $18 to $28 per square meter. If you have existing concrete, stamped concrete overlays are more cost-effective. You’ll only be paying $6 to $8 per square foot.
Which is cheaper pavers or stamped concrete?Pavers are most commonly made of stone and cost more than stamped concrete. For example, a 20×20 stamped concrete overlay patio costs $2400 to $3200 but a paved patio will run from $4000 to $7000.
Stamped concrete has been used for over 70 years and is still popular even today. No matter what the popular flooring option for the year is, stamped concrete can easily imitate the patterns, textures, and colors with the right flooring artisan.
Paint is very cost-effective but you’ll be facing problems with flaking and chipping especially when you start rearranging furniture. Stamped concrete overlays and concrete staining are tough and is permanently imbued into the concrete so they’re much more durable. Patios are exposed to lots of activities and elements so you’ll want to invest in a flooring option that can handle that.
Stamped concrete overlays are not made of concrete but of polymer resins. It’s a mixture of cement and other materials that bind well to existing concrete. Although you can just pour new concrete, it will need a binding agent and the existing concrete has to be damage-free. That’s why homeowners and commercial spaces choose overlays instead. It’s concrete and binder in one.
Want to learn more about stamped concrete patios & other decorative solutions? Call (714) 563-4141 today!
When it comes to reliable decorative concrete contractors, Decorative Concrete Surfaces of Orange County, CA, a locally owned company, is the concrete contractor to remember. We are over 40 years in business. Although a DIY is possible nowadays, it is still highly recommended to seek the help of professional concrete contractors in Orange County in order to determine the right and best concrete solution that would serve your flooring needs and do a great job from start to finish.
Have patio concrete work in mind? Or in need of concrete patio repair? options for your ruined decks? Want to know how much stamped patio costs? Or what stain colors are available for your patio resurfacing project? We would love to help you out. Just call or email us to request a quote and we will provide you with the information and quotation you need. We are one of the leading concrete contractors in the area and we’d love to be of service!
Serving Orange, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Lake Forest, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, and other surrounding areas. Free Estimates!