Top-quality Spray Knockdown Finish Installation
Almost any concrete surface can be quite dangerous when wet. This is one worry that homeowners can not let go when they see their kids frolicking by the pool deck. It is important to keep the deck as slip-resistant as possible. Luckily, there is an inexpensive way. Sundek Classic Texture is a spray knock down finish that is perfect for concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, and other concrete surfaces. This pool deck knock down finish also stays cooler to the touch than other paving materials.
Installing the Spray Knockdown Finish
Often, floor coatings are poured and then spread onto a surface with a roller brush. This system is unique because it is sprayed on the surface using a specialized equipment. A spray-down concrete resurfacing method creates a texture that makes it ideal for use on a concrete pool deck. The knockdown texture on concrete promotes better grip and traction unlike any other coatings out there. Here is a brief glimpse at how a professional concrete contractor installs this coating:
- Step 1: An evaluation is first performed to determine if the slab is still in good condition. Any damage that would require extensive repairs, such as subgrade issues, is an indication that a concrete re-pour might be a better choice.
- Step 2: If the slab is structurally sound or probably just minimal repairs were needed, then it is eligible for a resurfacing. The surface is then washed and air-dried, making sure that it is free from any old coating, grease, or dirt that could affect the adhesion of the coating.
- Step 3: The coating is mixed well, making sure it has enough water and coating for the ideal consistency.
- Step 4: Once the coating has been prepared, it is gravity-fed into the hopper gun.
- Step 5: The installer checks the temperature of the concrete surface, making sure it is around 60 to 70 degrees F. If it is, the coating can then be sprayed on evenly.
- Step 6: While spraying, another installer would be trowelling over the sprayed material to knock it down. This is when the knockdown texture is created.
- Step 7: The dried knock-down finish can be stained if the homeowner wants it stained. It is highly recommended to seal it with a concrete sealer to ensure proper protection and enhanced shine.
Forget about slippery surfaces. CALL (714) 563-4141 for a Spray Texture Finish.
When it comes to decorative concrete, you can rely on Concrete Coating Specialists, Inc. We have over 20 years of professional experience in both residential and commercial locations within the Orange County area. We offer pool deck texture coatings at prices you would surely find affordable. We take pride in the trowel finish we have worked hard to master so that you can have slip-resistant concrete surfaces.
Want to know more? We’ll give you a free consultation. Just call us for appointments, inquiries, and quotations, free!